Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India conducts Industrial Visit for young students at its Global Resource Factory in Manesar (Haryana)
Manesar, January 25, 2023: Building a strong growth foundation for the younger generation by providing them an opportunity to gain practical insights into industry operations, Honda motorcycle & Scooter India (HMSI) today announced its new initiative to host school students at its Global Resource Factory in Manesar (Haryana).
Under this noble initiative, Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India welcomes students aged 6-10 years from various private and government schools as well as the underprivileged section across Gurugram and Manesar. Aimed at imbibing key foundational lessons to enable the bright young minds to succeed in life, the initiative lays down the importance of a safe & healthy life for holistic growth. The weekly activity comprises of presentations & practical guided tour of the company’s manufacturing facility along with engaging sessions by HMSI’s experts in the areas of Health, Road Safety & Motorsports.
Speaking on the initiative, Mr. Atsushi Ogata – Managing Director, President, and CEO, of Honda Motorcycle and Scooter India said, “Children are the key drivers of a nation’s growth engine. Nurturing them with the best theoretical knowledge as well as practical orientation is the core to build a solid foundation for a better tomorrow. This program gives a 360-degree perspective to young generation which will help molding their minds in the right direction and honing their skill sets at the right age. We hope that this community program benefits the kids and society at large establishing a brighter and safer future.”
HMSI’s community initiative program makes learning more engaging and fun through:
- Lessons on Road Safety: The interactive session administered by road safety experts at Honda includes quizzes, games, and rewards that deliver the message of road rules & regulations such as road signs & markings, driver’s duties on road, riding gear & posture explanation and safe riding etiquettes to the young students. The kids also learnt about their duties as a pillion on two-wheeler.
- Legacy of Motorsports: Showcasing Honda’s legacy as one of the pioneers of two-wheeler racing, the company introduced the young students to the world of Honda in Motorsports. While the excitement is notched by introducing the kids to various racing events and by showing racing prodigies of both international and national level, the program also makes sure to deliver the message of safe riding.
- Health & Hygiene: Focusing on the core aspect that dictates our day-to-day well-being, the lessons focus on the key topic of health and hygiene. The educators reemphasize the important practices such as hand-wash, brushing of teeth twice daily, etc. to drive the message that a healthy mind lives in a healthy body.
- Global Resource Factory Tour: To up the ante of the visit, the kids are taken on a special audio guided tour of company’s Manesar plant. In this step-by-step tour, the kids are shown how their favorite scooter and motorcycle is built from scratch displaying all the cutting-edge technologies used to make the final product.
- Career Guidance: To build on the interest and excitement generated through the live tour of the facility, a career counselling session is also organized with a special emphasis on skill development as an important aspect in today’s age.