Schitt’s Creek’s Most Memorable Townspeople : Ranking the quirky and colorful characters that make up the Schitt’s Creek community
Schitt’s Creek, the beloved Canadian sitcom that captured the hearts of audiences worldwide, features a lineup of quirky and charming characters who inhabit the equally distinctive setting of the town itself. From the Roses’ hilarious misadventures to the evolution of the town’s unique residents, the show is a treasure trove of unforgettable moments. Let’s take a trip down memory lane as we rank the most memorable townspeople who have made an enduring impact on the show’s heritage.
- Moira Rose: Starting off our list is Catherine O’Hara who plays Moira Rose, the dramatic matriarch of the Rose family. With her extravagant wardrobe, melodramatic vocabulary, and penchant for bizarre accents, Moira is a scene-stealer in every episode. Her iconic wigs alone deserve their own spin-off series!
- David Rose: Next up is David Rose (Dan Levy), the flamboyant and fashion-forward son of the Rose family. David’s deadpan humor, endless sarcasm, and unique sense of style make him an absolute standout. His journey from a spoiled socialite to a caring and committed partner is a central theme of the show.
- Alexis Rose: The youngest Rose, Alexis, played by Annie Murphy is a whirlwind of energy and charm. Her hilarious tales of globetrotting adventures (often with questionable circumstances) and her endearing heart-to-heart moments with her family showcase her growth from a shallow socialite to a genuine and loving individual.
- Roland Schitt: The Mayor of Schitt’s Creek, Roland Schitt played by Chris Elliott, adds a dose of brash humor to the show. His crude jokes, questionable advice, and unexpected moments of genuine friendship provide a unique dynamic to the ensemble cast.
- Stevie Budd: Stevie (Emily Hampshire), the deadpan clerk at the Rosebud Motel, is a refreshingly honest character. Her monotone delivery, dry wit, and evolving friendship with the Roses provide a relatable perspective amidst the chaos of their lives.
Schitt’s Creek wouldn’t be the same without its cast of unforgettable townspeople. From hilarious misadventures to heartwarming moments of growth, each character brings something special to the show. As we bid farewell to the quirky community of Schitt’s Creek, we’re left with a legacy of laughter, love, and a deep appreciation for the unforgettable characters who made the town feel like home.
~Tune in to Comedy Central, Monday-Friday from 10:00 to 10:30~