INDIA, May 26, 2023: Tripadvisor® announces the winners of its 2023 Travellers’ Choice® Best of the Best Hotel Awards. In its 21st edition, the awards align with the kick-off of the summer travel season, providing inspiration by revealing the best places to stay in India and around the world.
Analysing 12 months of Tripadvisor review data (January 1, 2022 – December 31, 2022) from over 1.5 million hotels, Traveller’s Choice Best of the Best Hotels reveals travellers’ favourite accommodations across 10 categories. In addition to the definitive list of Top Hotels, sub-categories include All-inclusive, B&Bs, Family-Friendly, Hottest New Hotels, Luxury, Out of the Ordinary Hotels, Small Hotels and two new additions for 2023; Best Hotels for Sleep and Best Hotels with Spas
And the Winners are
This year’s No. 1 Hotel in the prestigious Top Hotels category is Rambagh Palace in Jaipur, India. Dubbed “The Jewel of Jaipur”, this 1835 palace-turned-luxurious hotel holds unbelievable extravagance. A new No. 1 winner for 2023, Rambagh Palace has over 5,000 five-bubble reviews and is beloved for its polo bar, historic suites, and high tea.
Mr. Puneet Chhatwal, Managing Director & Chief Executive Officer, of Indian Hotels Company, said, “The recognition of Rambagh Palace, Jaipur as the No.1 Hotel in the World 2023 Travellers’ Choice Awards by Tripadvisor is a testament to the trust our guests have placed in us over the years. We are humbled by this global honour, a true reflection of world-class hospitality in an authentic palace setting brought to life by the iconic brand Taj. The Taj brand has been a hallmark of excellence for over a century, we remain committed to delighting our guests and spreading the magic of Tajness.”
Top 10 Hotels in India
- Rambagh Palace – Jaipur
- Taj Krishna – Hyderabad
- The Westin Goa – Goa
- Blanket Hotel & Spa – Pallivasal
- Chandy’s Windy Woods – Chithirapuram
- JW Marriott Hotel Pune – Pune
- Sheraton Grand Chennai Resort & Spa – Chennai
- Courtyard Amritsar – Amritsar
- JW Marriott Hotel Bengaluru – Bengaluru
- The Leela Palace Udaipur – Udaipur
Full India lists are available for Top Hotels, Luxury, B&Bs and Small Hotels.
Hotel Headlines: 2023 Trends
- This year, wellness is top of mind for travellers. All-inclusive and hotels set in relaxing Caribbean destinations rank highly in the 2023 awards. With more travellers in search of relaxation, Tripadvisor launched two brand new subcategories for 2023 to help everyone find their zen: The Best Hotels with Spas and the Best Hotels for Sleep.
- The 2023 awards feature many new winners, suggesting that as more people travelled and left reviews over the past year, they ventured to new places, both at home and abroad.
- Asia tops the charts for travellers this year, proving that the market has bounced back as a tourism destination. Nine of the top 25 Hottest New Hotels are in Asia, along with eight of the Top Hotels in the world, including the esteemed No. 1 spot.
- Brazil takes the cake with the most winners on the world list this year, with Istanbul beating out other cities. In Asia, Indonesia has the most winners, followed by India and the Maldives.
Sarah Firshein, Head of Editorial at Tripadvisor, said: “It’s clear that our community ventured far and wide in the last year: our 10 winning subcategories encompass 37 regions around the world and include a wide range of amazing places to stay.
“An opulent palace in Jaipur topped the charts, while hotels ranging from a ‘glamping’ retreat in Patagonia to a rock ‘n’ roll–themed boutique in Boston made their mark as well. As our savvy reviewers know, hotels can sometimes be the entire reason for the trip—I’m personally very excited to consult this list as I plot out the next year of holidays with my own family.”
Top 10 Hotels in the World
- Rambagh Palace – Jaipur, India
- Ozen Reserve Bolifushi – Bolifushi Island, Maldives
- Hotel Colline de France – Gramado, Brazil
- Shangri-La The Shard, London – London, United Kingdom
- The Ritz-Carlton, Hong Kong – Hong Kong, China
- JW Marriott Marquis Hotel Dubai – Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Romance Istanbul Hotel – Istanbul, Türkiye
- Ikos Dassia – Dassia, Greece
- Ikos Andalusia – Estepona, Spain
- Padma Resort Ubud – Puhu, Indonesia
The distinguished Top Hotels list is a diverse ranking with winners from 19 countries around the world, including 13 new winners for 2023.
Best of the Rest
- Best Luxury Hotels: For travellers after the ultimate indulgence, this list recognises places with above-and-beyond hospitality and amenities for days. Also, the No.1 Top Hotel for 2023, Rambagh Palace in India is the No.1 Luxury Hotel in the world.
- Best Small Hotels: Small hotels can make a big impression–none more so than the winners of this category, which highlights travellers’ favourite hotels with 30 rooms or less. White House Hotel in Istanbul takes the No.1 spot in the world for the second consecutive year. Closer to home, Araiya Palampur is the No. 1 Small Hotel in India (also No. 3 in Asia and No. 10 in the world!)
- Best B&B and Inns: Great hospitality doesn’t always mean massive resorts; sometimes the best stays are a cozy bed and breakfast. Last year’s favourites reign supreme: The Toulson Court in Scarborough, United Kingdom takes the No. 1 spot in the world for the second year in a row. The Darien Resort located in Ramnagar tops the list, No.1 in Asia and in India.
- Hottest New Hotels: As the hospitality industry continues to rebound, many new hotels have opened their doors and OBLU SELECT Lobigili in the Maldives ranks No. 1 in the world. This 5-star resort, exclusively for adults, features nature-inspired designs that bring to life a secluded, castaway feel. In India, the Cygnett Park Bl Jaipur ranked No. 4 in the World and Hotel Snow Land Srinagar came in at No. 7.
- Out-of-the-Ordinary Hotels: Those looking for more bucket list adventures and Instagram-worthy photo-ops can explore Patagonia Camp in Chile which is No. 1 in the world. Located within Torres del Paine National Park, this is the first luxury camp in South America with a chic collection of glamorous Yurts. In India, Ramoji Film City Hotel Sitara is ranked No. 18 in the World.
- Best Hotels with Spas: Another new category for 2023. While many hotels aim to induce zen, none succeed quite like The Ritz-Carlton, Hong Kong, the No. 1 rated Spa Hotel. This is the “highest” hotel in the world, so it’s worth visiting the spa on the 116th floor for the views alone. In India, The Westin Goa is ranked No. 9 in the world and Blanket Hotel & Spa comes in at No. 14.
- Best All-Inclusive Hotels: For the hotels that hold everything you could ever need (and more), all in one place, Ozen Reserve Bolifushi in the Maldives is No.1 in the world.
- Best Family-Friendly Hotels: Planning a family getaway can be difficult enough. To take some of the pressure out of planning, Tripadvisor spotlights the best stays offering fun stuff for kids, plus all the perks for parents. No.1 in the world is Ikos Andalusia in Spain. In Asia, the No. 1 winner is Premier Village Danang Resort in Vietnam. It is also No. 7 in the world, the only Asian hotel awarded among the top 10 best in the world.
- Best Hotels for Sleep: For travellers seeking out sweet dreams, Dromoland Castle Hotel in Ireland, rated is No. 1 in the world in this inaugural category. Welcoming guests since the 16th century, this grand hotel is tucked away in 450 acres of land – the perfect secluded spot for catching some ZZZs.
All of the winners, including in different countries and continents, can be seen here: tripadvisor.com/TravelersChoice-Hotels.
The 2023 Travelers’ Choice Best of the Best Hotel Awards are determined based on the quality and quantity of traveller reviews and ratings posted on Tripadvisor over the 12-month period between January 1 and December 31, 2022, as well as an additional editorial process.
Tripadvisor is proud to serve a broad and diverse community of travelers from all over the world. As such, Tripadvisor reserves the right to determine the eligibility of any property, business, destination, or point of interest listed on Tripadvisor for an award based on additional factors that reflect Tripadvisor’s corporate policies and values. For more details on Tripadvisor’s awards policy, see here.