Paytm launches apartment payments — onboards over 2,800 societies in over 100 cities enabling users to seamlessly pay for maintenance, club house and more
Mumbai: 19th January 2023: One97 Communications Limited (OCL) which owns the brand Paytm, India’s leading payments and financial services company and the pioneer of QR and mobile payments, has onboarded over 2,800 residential societies across the country to enable payments of apartment charges apart from rent on the Paytm app. With this, users in all major cities including Delhi, Mumbai, Lucknow, Kolkata, Chennai, and Bengaluru, can pay for prepaid meters, maintenance charges, clubhouse charges, garbage collection charges, and other ad-hoc charges.
Through the apartment payments feature on the Paytm app, users can pay with multiple options like Paytm Wallet, Paytm UPI, Netbanking, Credit Card, or Debit Card to pay for the various apartment charges. With the Paytm app, users also get periodic notifications for recurring apartment payments and can avail of offers on successful payments. If users don’t find their society listed on the app, they can click on ‘Refer Apartment’ and fill out the details of the residential society.
Paytm Spokesperson said, “We are at the forefront of India’s mobile payments revolution. With the launch of the Apartment payments category, we continue to empower users with hassle-free everyday transactions while also offering them the flexibility of payments with Paytm Wallet, Paytm UPI, Netbanking, Credit Card or Debit Card, and more.”
How to pay apartment charges on Paytm:
- Open the Paytm app and go to ‘Recharges and Bill Payments
- Under ‘Recharges & Bill Payments, tap on ‘View More’, scroll down to ‘Pay your Home Bills’
- Select ‘Apartments’ and enter the details — name of the city, apartment, utility type and apartment number
- Verify the consumer details and enter the amount and click on ‘Proceed’
- Select the payment option — Paytm Wallet, Paytm UPI, Netbanking, Credit Card or Debit Card
- On successful payment, the order summary is generated